Don’t wait, do it now;
It will be Christmas before you know it.
The university college application deadlines follow quickly after that.
And then you’re into exam mode…
Open Day season is now running so;
- Start with what you think interests you most, and review how it relates to your strengths/talents and what you’d like to be good at and/or skills you’d like to acquire – if you’re not sure what you’d prefer ask your family, friends, take interest/aptitude tests, talk to your Guidance Counsellor
- Decide if you prefer an applied/career focused or a theoretical/academic course – broad open ended or definite
- Find out where you can do it
- Check out their Open Day website for scheduled talks & tours – Plan your day to ensure you get the most from it
- Organise your own visit if your school isn’t doing one – it’s up to you
- Review the online course info and jot down anything you’re unsure about – you will want these to be answered at the open day
- Share your insights with your family & friends to clarify your feelings about your choices
Do yourself a favour, get stuck into the task now. Get informed & set yourself a definite goal. It’s time to get ready.
You’ll feel better, more determined and in control of your own destiny