It will be Christmas before you know it.
The university college application deadlines follow quickly after that.
And then you’re into exam mode…
- The university college Open Day season in running
- Start a few Degree topics – if you’re not sure what you’d prefer then ask your family, friends, etc for help now
- Decide if you prefer a vocational or academic course & find out where you can take them
- Checkout their Open Day website for scheduled talks & tours and Plan your day to ensure you get the most from it
- Review the course info on the web and jot down any questions or anything you’re unsure about – you want these to be answered at the open day
- Do yourself a favour, get stuck in to the task now
- Get informed &
- Set yourself a goal
You’ll feel better, more determined and in control of your own destiny
It’s your choice – You live & work with your decisions.
Be consistent – if you want something be it Engineering, IT, Arts, etc then put all available courses in your preferred order. Don’t hop from one type to something different as it suggests you’re not sure what you’re letting yourself in for.
Put down your 1st preference – then pick alternative routes to the same end goal, eg if you want Medicine but don’t get it then a good alternative might be BioMedical/Medical/MedLab Science or, Physiology/Anatomy/Biochemistry taken in a broad omnibus Science degree or, a Health Science course. The same goes for other popular courses.
Do check that you meet any special requirements – such as a specific minimum grade in a particular subject. There’s no point in selecting a course that you’re not eligible for.
Do a final check to for new courses in your preferred area – the CAO/UCAS/EUNiCAS post all additions & amendments on their websites.
Remember, decision making is a mix of Information & Emotion.
It’s your choice.