Wonderful inspirational & encouraging, thought-provoking talk on choosing, by Alan Watts
- First principles on How to Choose a career or a university/college course
- How to make sense of the huge range of courses
- The key to understanding and interpreting their talents, Multiple Intelligences and Aptitude Strengths
- How to relate their strengths to their interests
- Recognising their preference for Learning so they can do something they’d love
Just read the obituary of the stuntman Irishman Martin Grace (James Bond & Indiana Jones movies) and it made me think about which intelligences he based his career on. It’s obvious that the main intelligences for a successful career as a stuntman are bodily KINAESTHETIC and SPATIAL.
In any career you will use a number of your intelligences but probably build on 2 or 3 more than the others. One of the keys in choosing a career is understanding your multiple intelligences and how to build on your strengths for a successful career.