Don’t wait, act now. It will be Christmas before you know it.
The university college application deadlines follow quickly after that.
And then you’re into exam mode…
Open Day season is now running so;
- Start with what you think interests you most, and check how it relates to your strengths/talents and what you’d like to be good at and/or skills you’d like to acquire – if you’re not sure what you’d prefer ask your family, friends, take interest/aptitude tests, talk to your Guidance Counsellor
- Decide if you’d prefer a definite/career-focused/applied or a broad/open-ended/academic course
- Find out where you can do it
- Check out their Open Day website for scheduled talks & tours – Plan your day using this schedule & map to ensure you get the most from it
- Organise your own visit if your school isn’t doing one – it’s up to you
- Review the online course info and jot down anything you’re unsure about – you will want these queries to be answered at the open day
- Share your insights & experiences with your family & friends to clarify your feelings about your choices
Do yourself a favour, get stuck into the task now. Get informed & set yourself a definite goal. It’s time to get ready.
You’ll feel better, more determined and in control of your own destiny