Don’t wait, act now. It will be Christmas before you know it.
The university college application deadlines follow quickly after that.
And then you’re into exams mode …
Open Day season is now running so;
- Start with what you think interests you most (asking how it relates to your strengths/talents), what you’d like to be good at and/or skills you’d like to develop – if you’re not sure what you’d prefer just ask your family, friends, take interest/aptitude tests, talk to your Guidance Counsellor
- Decide if you’d prefer a definite/career-focused/applied or a broad/open-ended/academic course
- Find out where you can do it using Qualifax, Eunicas & CareersPortal
- Check out their Virtual Open Day or specific Career Fair – you can get a list of these on the Qualifax Events Calendar
- Organise your own visit for your top few choices if your school isn’t doing one – it’s up to you to find a way to get informed
- Review the full course details online and jot down anything you’re unsure about – you will want these queries to be answered
- Share your insights & experiences with your family & friends – this is the bit that helps you clarify your feelings about these choices before you make a final commitment
Do yourself a favour, get stuck into the task now. Get informed & set yourself a definite goal. It’s time to get ready.
You’ll feel better, more purposeful and in control of your own destiny