The CAO & university college application deadlines are here. And perhaps you’re already into exams mode …
If you’re still undecided here are a few pointers;
- Start with jotting down what you think interests you most, asking how it relates to your strengths/talents – what you’d like to be good at and/or skills you’d like to develop – if you’re not sure what you’d prefer just ask your family, friends, take interest questionnaires/aptitude tests, or book a consultation https://caseycareers.ie/contact/
- Decide if you’d prefer a definite/career-focused course, or are you a broad/open-ended/academic learner?
- Investigate where you can do it – save yourself time by being very specific when using CareersPortal & Qualifax (Eunicas for courses in the EU), Unibrowse or OnetOnline
- Check out their Open Day/event, Higher Options or local Careers Fair – you can get a full list of these on the Qualifax Events Calendar
- Organise your own visit for your top few choices if your school isn’t doing one – it’s up to you to find a way to get informed
- Review the full course details online and jot down anything you’re unsure about – you will want these questions to be answered
- Share your findings & experiences with your family & friends – this is the bit that helps you clarify your feelings about these choices before you make a final commitment
Do yourself a favour, get stuck into the task now. Get informed & set yourself a definite goal. You’ll feel better, more purposeful and in control of your own destiny.
And don’t worry, if you’re not applying for any restricted courses then you can always change your preferences once the system wakens up on the 1st of May.
If you feel confused or overwhelmed or you feel you just need a bit of help call for a free 15 minute initial consultation 051436029 / 0863107356 / 012820966