Don’t wait, act now. It will be Christmas before you know it.
The university college application deadlines follow quickly after that.
And then you’re into exam mode …
Open Day season is now running so;
- Start with what you think interests you most (asking how it relates to your strengths/talents), what you’d like to be good at and/or skills you’d like to acquire – if you’re not sure what you’d prefer just ask your family, friends, take interest/aptitude tests, talk to your Guidance Counsellor
- Decide if you’d prefer a definite/career-focused/applied or a broad/open-ended/academic course
- Find out where you can do it
- Check out their Open Day Schedule for talks & tours – Plan your day using this schedule & map to ensure you get the most from it
- Organise your own visit if your school isn’t doing one – it’s up to you to find a way to get informed
- Review the online course details and jot down anything you’re unsure about – you will want these queries to be answered at the open day
- Share your insights & experiences with your family & friends – this is the bit that helps you clarify your feelings about these choices before you make a final commitment
To help you do this there are many course & career websites – save time by being very specific when researching on unibrowse, qualifax, eunicas, & careersportal, onetonline, etc
Do yourself a favour, get stuck into the task now. Get informed & set yourself a definite goal. It’s time to get ready.
You’ll feel better, more purposeful and in control of your own destiny
There’s immense pleasure to be had from acquiring skills, in learning how to do anything well.
Life is enhanced & fulfilling by learning the discipline of a skill, even though it often takes a lot of time & effort.
To be happy,
is to be able to develop your skills, talents & intelligences
in a endeavor, career or course based on the learning that interests you most.
Identify your preferences & strengths to make smarter choices.
Why choosing can be so confusing when thrust on those who aren’t prepared
– talk on The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar
Wonderful inspirational & encouraging, thought-provoking talk on choosing, by Alan Watts